CAKE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•WHEN ORDERING YOUR CAKE
Bookings for all custom cakes are made on a first come, first served basis and as dates during Many months of the year are generally booked out early, it is recommended that you place an order for your cake as early as possible. Any pictures that you might have of cakes that contain design elements that you like are also helpful, but please bear in mind that while we will attempt to get the design as similar as we can our finished
product will differ slightly. When booking your cake, we prefer two weeks’ notice, however if we have availability, we may be able to accommodate short notice orders.
•COST OF YOUR CAKE
Our custom cakes are individually priced according to size and complexity the cost is determined by the several aspects, these being the number of tiers for your cake, the size of each tier and the final decoration of the cake. Also taken into account is the decoration aspect i.e. the type and amount of flowers for your cake, whether you want fresh or sugar flowers and any toppers plastic or handmade.
After our conversation with you we will be able to provide you with a more accurate quote that will take into account the requirements for your cake.
To secure your booking for a custom cake, a 50% non-refundable deposit or payment within 48 hours will be required once you have accepted our quote and deposit is received and we have confirmed your order. The final balance of payment is due upon collection if not already paid in full for cakes being collected from our store, all cakes booked in for delivery are to be paid in full 1 week prior to delivery.
For any cake orders that we accept with less than two weeks’ notice, the full payment is required on confirmation of your order. We accept credit card, cash, direct deposit to our account (please use reference code for identification)
Your date is not secure with us until we receive your deposit.
Quotes for all orders are only valid for 48 hours (unless otherwise stated), If we have not received your deposit with in this time frame your quote will be void and you will need to be requoted as that date will be available for booking by other clients and we may become unavailable. Once we have received your booking we will confirm with you that you have been put into our schedule.
Online orders for cakes advertised on our website will be payment in full at the time of booking.
•CHANGES TO CAKES AFTER ORDERING
Please be aware that a lot of decorations are hand made and are made ahead of time with that in mind final details of booked cake are to be confirmed two weeks prior to completion of cake. Any changes made to cake after this date will incur an additional fee per change at the discretion of Crazy For Cake. Online .cakes are as is advertised online
When paying your deposit please use the name on the quote as reference. Eg sam smith deposit. Deposits can be payed in cash instore, Eftpos or direct deposit
If after accepting our quote and paying your deposit,or booking in an online cake you no longer wish to proceed with your order, and you provide us with more than two weeks’ notice, we will provide a refund of your total order or deposit minus a $35 administration fee, and any cost of custom ordered items required and ordered for your cake ie toppers, fondant characters etc. These items will be returned to you.
If cancellation is less than two weeks prior to your event/booking we reserve the right to withhold 100% of your initial non-refundable deposit.
We understand the changing world of Covid-19, if you cancel your booking your deposit will be moved to a later date. This deposit can be used for partial deposit for any cake or date in the future (subject to availability).
Unfortunately as some cakes take days to make cancellations can not be accepted within 48 hours of booked date, We can arrange contactless delivery at an added cost this can be done via you calling us and payment being made over the phone.
If Our main cake decorator gets ill with Covid we will ensure take sure the work area is cleaned and sanitised, we will try and sort out a replacement cake maker to make your cake, however if we are unable to supply someone to make your cake a full refund of any and all money paid will be given.
When picking up your cake you will be given care instructions for your cake, no responsibility for damage will be taken once the cake is collected by you and left our premisis.
No refunds will be given once your cake has left the premises so please make sure that you are happy with it when collecting, if you are unhappy with your cake you can chose to leave it and a refund will be arranged, for this to happen the cake can not leave our store. If there is a quality control issue with your cake a partial refund may be given at the discretion of Crazy For Cake.
•CAKE TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Once your cake leaves our care, we are no longer responsible for any damages that occur; during transportation or at your home/venue. If you have specific questions about the care of your cake, please ask.
The following guidelines will help to ensure a perfect presentation for your event.
- Before leaving, please look it over carefully to make sure all details and spelling are correct. Minor corrections can usually be made before you leave.
- Place both hands under the board of your cake to distribute the weight evenly when carrying. The corrugated cake boards can flex and bend if not fully supported, causing the cake to torque and leaving cracks in buttercream or fondant.
- The cake boxes are not extremely sturdy…please be careful not to grab the sides of the box as you are likely to damage the sides of your cake.
- Prepare your vehicle.
• Please arrive in a vehicle with space large enough to carry your custom cake. Place cakes in the flattest part of your vehicle: floorboard or SUV flat bed space is best. Your seats are not a good location. Most have some slope to them, and all it takes is a few degrees of slope combined with PA roads, curves, and hills to cause damages.
• Some shaped and tiered cakes are not able to be completely boxed. Large custom cakes may not include a box for transport or may be in an open box without a lid.
• Be sure items are not stacked around your cake that can fall or slide into your box.
• Pets and children should be kept away from the cake during transportation.
- Take the cake DIRECTLY to its final destination. Your decorations are made with creamed butter! Bumps, curves, stop and go’s all affect the solidity of your cake. Warm buttercream can and will slide down the sides of your cake, especially if they have heavy decorations or thick buttercream designs. Reduce the risk by going straight to the final destination with your cake.
- We do not recommend traveling long distances with tiered and shaped cakes.
- Be sure your cake is not near a heater or in direct sunlight. Never leave them in an un-air-conditioned car. Direct sun through glass is bad.
- When determining the placement of your cake at the event venue, keep it out of direct sunlight and avoid increased temperatures near windows.
- Fluorescent Lights and Daylight can fade the color of your decorations, especially items colored in pinks and purples. The fading doesn't happen over a matter of days...it can happen in just a few hours.
- Some elements of your cake should not be refrigerated or frozen for long periods of time, such as chocolate, fondant, and gumpaste. They draw moisture in the cool conditions of the refrigerator, causing condensation when you pull them out into humidity.
- Cakes that have been hand painted or airbrushed have the potential for the food colorings to drip and run if stored in a refrigerator that is not humidity controlled. Our recommendation is that you do not order fillings or icings that require refrigeration with an airbrushed or painted design. If you decide to order this type of cake, please keep the cake in a box in the refrigerator.
- We recommend that any round layer cakes be refrigerated if being held overnight.
- Sculptural elements and figurines may contain wire supports or toothpicks or wooden skewers for support. Please ask about placement of these items before serving.
• NON RETURNABLE ITEMS
Perishable goods include cakes, and sweets, custom made products (such as special orders or personalized items).
In the case that you think the cake you there is a quality control issue with your order we will consider a partial refund, however this will only be possible if the majority of the cake is returned so we may inspect the issue. If you return with less than half of the cake refund will not be approved all refunds at the discretion of Crazy For Cake.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards
*By paying for the deposit or processing your online order you agree to all of Crazy For Cake terms and conditions
•FREE DELIVERY PROMOTIONS
FREE DELIVERY ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOMERS WHO ENTER THE CODE SUPPLIED BEFORE CHECKING OUT!
Our free delivery promotion is limited to local delivery, we specify local delivery as anywhere within 25 kilometers of our store front any delivery outside of this area will incur a delivery fee at the discretion of Crazy For Cake.
Free delivery only applies with in the specified dates any one wishing to take advantage of this promotion will need to order before this date, outside of this date regular delivery fees apply.
Free delivery only applies to orders with a total spend of $60 and over
Free delivery Promotion only applies to cakes advertised online at www.crazyforcake.com.au, and does not apply to custom cake orders.
Please use the code supplied before checking out to receive free delivery, After payment for an order is processed we do not issue discount or promotions refunds to credit cards or any other form of payment.
If you forget to use the free delivery code and your order is processed and you decide to cancel the order normal cancellation fees apply.
Cake classes are sold on a first come first served basis, our storefront is small and for each lesson on offer the classes are generally kept to a minimum
If after you book in to attend a cake class you no longer wish to attend, and you provide us with more than two weeks’ notice, we will provide a refund minus a $35 administration fee for classes held by Crazy For Cake. Crazy For Cake reserves the right to withhold total class fee for no shows.
Please note that when we host other cake makers who teach the class Crazy For Cake reserves the right to withhold total class fee, offering no refunds on cancellations, change of mind or no shows.
Gluten Free Disclaimer
While Crazy For Cake is pleased to gluten free cake options on our menu We are not a gluten-free restaurant and cannot ensure that cross contamination will never occur. We have processes in place to minimize that happening but there is a great deal of gluten in the air and on our work surfaces. Our cake and products made in our kitchen are prepared on the same surfaces as our other products that do contain gluten and you understand there is a risk of cross contamination If you are a Celiac and/or highly sensitive please advise the person taking your order and know that we will do our best but cannot guarantee your order will not touch gluten some where in the process by accepting your order you are accepting that you understand this and that you agree Crazy For Cake hold no responsibility for cross contamination and are to consume product at your own risk.
By processing your online order you agree to all of Crazy For Cake terms and conditions